Thursday, September 27, 2007

Regrets

I was asked today if I had any regrets about my life. My first reaction and response was "no". I said no because with each and every mistake I made it formed me into the person I am today. While some of the things I did may have be hurtful to me or others, I do not regret them. I may have asked for forgiveness, but I don't have regret because I would like to believe I learned from each and every one of those mistakes. I honestly would not change a single thing about my life, not one struggle or one joy!


Now that I have thought a little bit more about the question, while all the above still holds true, I do have some regrets. I regret not taking better care of myself when I was younger. I wish I had eaten better, slept more, exercised more and stayed out of the sun, or at least wore proper sunscreen. I say this because when I look in the mirror I see the direct results of the improper care of my body. I see sun damage on my face and body and scars from "pre-cancerous" moles being removed. I see loose skin on my body from being overweight for a period of time and neglecting to exercise and eat right. While I have undone some of the damage, I do have reminders that can't be erased (wrinkles, sun spots, loose skin, etc.). All I can do is share my knowledge with others, especially my children, and pray they listen, especially about proper sun exposure.

1 comment:

Angel said...

(((hugs))) Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? Just remember, your body has served you well thus far...there isn't time for regrets; you have you your whole life ahead of you! ENJOY it!